SPORT FOR LIFE TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
Updated: Aug 26, 2021
The National Olympic Committee of Zambia (NOCZ) in partnership with Sport for Life would like to extend an invitation for your participation in the Sport for Life Training and Launch from 27 September 2021 – 9 October 2021.
Sport for Life is a training and development program focused on the youth, which helps participants develop management and facilitation skills, stimulating them to empower themselves to find solutions for their challenges, using sport as the ‘vehicle’ it being appealing to the youth and children, for being intuitive, and for allowing for a huge variety of activities with local resources.
The program started in Timor-Leste in 2015, had its first international pilot in Cabo Verde, and has since then been looking for partners to take it to other countries. In the program, participants gain skills and increasing responsibilities through a series of courses over time, and especially by practicing as volunteer instructors and facilitators.
During the two weeks of intensified training, participants will gain knowledge on how to organize sport activities with limited resources, including modules such as Leadership, Human Resources, Material Resources, Marketing & Promotion. The course will end with a multi-sport activity and the commitment of graduates to organize regular sport activities in their respective communities.
This program further gives an opportunity for Sport for Life graduates to apply to participate in a Train-the-Trainer Course, after organizing regular sports activities in their communities for some time.
Please note that all participants will be required to pay a subscription fee of K150 by 18 September 2021, and during this program, the host will provide accommodation at the OYDC Zambia – Sports Development Centre.
The minimum qualification requirements for all applicants are as follows:
• Grade twelve (12) Certificate
• At least one-year work experience in implementing integrated projects under sport
• Demonstrated ability in organizing and facilitating groups and trainings
• Demonstrated experience in human relations is required.
• Has a working knowledge of project planning and management.
• Hand-on in participatory Community development approaches; mobilization and capacity building.
• Experience working with non-governmental and community-based organizations.
• Must be highly reliable and independent, able to work with minimal supervision under pressure.
• Possess well-developed networking abilities and be able to interact well with children, adult
communities, area staff, and rural Communities
• Dynamic and result-oriented.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language is a must
• Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft word
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and under minimum supervision
• Multiplier of the project
• Maintaining high levels of positive energy and updating their skills wherever possible.
• Organise and facilitate courses and co-organize sports activities and events
• Transmitting the Sport for Life values and methods to new participants
• Developing of training and workshops that help participants learn essential skills
• Regular contact with the National Coordinator for Sport for Life to ascertain the implementation of the project.
KINDLY SEND THROUGH YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THE SPORT FOR LIFE NATIONAL COORDINATOR CHAPMAN MSOWOYA via Email:
email@example.com , cc firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com.
Mobile Number: +260 97 7381223